The Legacy Building Project
Sunday, July 1st
Pastor Rick Pruitt

Have a blessed Sunday!

Posted by Joseph Luevano on Sunday, July 1, 2018

In 1925, Hollister, California had a population between one and two thousand people. A small group of people met together in a room above a chicken market on the corner of Fourth and East Street. In 1927, the church joined the affiliation of the Northern California/Nevada District Assemblies of God as the Assembly of God Tabernacle.
Hollister is the second oldest Assembly in the district with Gilroy Assembly of God being the oldest. 
After moving their meeting place several times, between 1935 – 1938, they built their first church on Virginia Drive. Then in 1971 a new church was built at 1520 Sunnyslope Road. The church’s name was changed to Hollister Assembly of God. In 1979, the church name became Sunnyslope Christian Center. As our church grew, Jubilee Hall and a Youth Chapel were added in 1993. Jubilee Hall would be our sanctuary in 2004.